Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
From Canadian Power Wiki
The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a multirole stealth fighter used in several nations air forces and navies. The F-35 has three main models; the F-35A is a conventional takeoff and landing variant, the F-35B is a short take off and vertical-landing variant, and the F-35C is a carrier-based variant.
The F-35 is descended from the X-35, the product of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program. It is being designed and built by an aerospace industry team led by Lockheed Martin. The F-35 took its first flight on December 15th, 2006. The United States plans to buy 3,212 aircraft. The F-35 variants are intended to provide the bulk of its tactical airpower for the U.S. Air Force, Marine Corps and Navy over the coming decades. Despite some delays, the F-35 has achieved Full Operational Capability and is entering squadron service in various air forces and navies around the world.
- Belgian Air Component - 48 F-35As
- Royal Danish Air Force - 48 F-35As
- Finnish Air Force - 64 F-35As
- Israeli Air Force - 75 F-35Is
- South Korea
- Royal Netherlands Air Force - 85 F-35As
- Royal Norwegian Air Force - 52 F-35As
- Polish Air Force - 64 F-35As
- Republic of Singapore Air Force - 100 F-35Bs
- Spanish Navy - 32 F-35Bs
- United Kingdom
- United States