Vietnam People's Air Force
From Canadian Power Wiki
The Vietnam People's Air Force (Vietnamese: Không quân Nhân dân Việt Nam) is the air force of Vietnam. It is the successor of the former North Vietnamese Air Force and the absorbed Republic of Vietnam Air Force following the re-unification of Vietnam in 1975. The Vietnam People's Air Force (VPAF) is one of three main branches in the Vietnam People's Army which is a part of the Ministry of Defence. The main mission of the VPAF is the defence the Vietnamese airspace and the provision of air cover for operations of the Vietnam People's Army.
- Active Duty Personnel: 33,600
- Number of Fighters: 279
- Number of Helicopters: 201
- Number of Transport Aircraft: 61
- Active Bases: 16
- Commander of the VPAF: Colonel General Phuong Minh Hoa
- Political Commissar: Major General Nguyen Van Thanh
- Chief of Staff: Major General Nguyen Van Tho
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21bis "Fishbed" x 200 (Fighter)
- Sukhoi Su-22M3/4 "Fitter-J/K" x 145 (Strike Aircraft)
- Sukhoi Su-27SK/UKB x 10 (Air Superiority Fighter)
- Sukhoi Su-30MK2V x 24 (Multirole Fighter)
- Transport Aircraft
- Antonov An-2TD "Colt" x 15 (Light Transport Aircraft)
- Antonox An-25 "Curl" x 45 (Transport Aircraft)
- PZL M28 Skytruck x 1 (Light Transport Aircraft)
- Aero L-39C Albatross x 26 (Trainer)
- Yakovlev Yak-52 x 36 (Trainer)
- Yakovlev Yak-130 x 8 (Advanced trainer)
- Aerospatiale AS.332L2 Super Puma x 8 (Transport Helicopter)
- Bell UH-1H Huey x 15 (Utility Helicopter)
- Eurocopter SA.365N2 Dauphin x 6 (SAR Helicopter)
- Mil Mi-8 "Hip" x 69
- Mil Mi-17 "Hip-H" x 67
- Mil Mi-24 "Hind" x 36 (Attack Helicopter)
- 37mm Air Defense Gun M1939 (61-K)
- SA-2 "Guideline"
- SA-3 "Goa"
- SA-6 "Gainful"
- SA-7 "Grail"
- SA-13 "Gopher"
- SA-20 "Gargoyle"
- SA-24 "Grinch"
- Air-to-Air Missiles
- AA-10 "Alamo"
- AA-11 "Archer"
- AA-12 "Adder"
- Air-to-Surface Missiles
- AS-9 "Kyle"
- AS-10 "Karen"
- AS-14 "Kedge"
- AS-17 "Krypton"