TCG Anadolu (L-408)
From Canadian Power Wiki
TCG Anadolu (L-408) is a planned amphibious assault ship of the Turkish Navy. It is to be named after the region of Anatolia (Anadolu in Turkish), which forms the core of Turkey. The construction is taking place at Sedef Shipbuilding Inc. in Istanbul and is expected to be completed in 2021. The vessel is intended to meet the various needs and requirements of the Turkish Armed Forces, such as sustaining long-endurance, long-distance military combat or humanitarian relief operations; while acting as a command center and flagship for the Turkish Navy.
The Sedef–Navantia consortium won the tender for the LPD/LHD Strategic Projection Vessel project and TCG Anadolu will use the same design as that of the Spanish ship Juan Carlos I. All of the ship's weapons system will be procured by Turkish firms Havelsan and ASELSAN.
Navantia will provide design, technology transfer, equipment and technical assistance to Sedef Shipyard of Turkey for the design and development of TCG Anadolu (L-408), which is classified as a Light Aircraft Carrier/LHD by Turkish Lloyd.
It will be capable of operating the F-35B STOVL stealth multirole combat aircraft.
- Type: Amphibious Assault Ship
- Service Period: 2021-
- Length: 761 feet (231.95 meters)
- Beam: 105 feet (32 meters)
- Draft: 23 feet (7.01 meters)
- Displacement: 24,660-27,100 tons
- 5 x 8000 kW Man Diesel Generators
- 2 × 11 MW Siemens SiPOD
- 2 x 1,500 kW Bow Thruster
- Range: 9,000 nautical miles (16,668 kilometers) at 15 knots (27.78 km/h)
- Speed: 21.5 - 29 knots (39.82-53.71 km/h)
- Sensor Suite:
- SMART-S Mk.2 S-Band 3D Air Search Radar
- 5 x Aselsan 25mm STOP autocannons
- 2 x Phalanx 20mm/70-caliber CIWS
- 1 x Mk.49 RAM Launcher
- Aircraft Carried:
- Boats Carried: 4 x LCM or 2 x LCAC