Singapore Armed Forces
From Canadian Power Wiki
The Singapore Armed Forces (abbreviation: SAF, Malay: Angkatan Bersenjata Singapura, Simplified Chinese: 新加坡武装部队; Tamil: சிங்கப்பூர் ஆயுதப்படை) is the military arm of the Total Defence of the Republic of Singapore; as well as the military component of the Ministry of Defence. The SAF comprises three branches: the Singapore Army, the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) and the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN). The SAF protects the interests, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Singapore from external threats.
The SAF relies heavily on a large pool of conscripts in the active and reserve forces. It has an active strength of around 71,600 personnel and is capable of mobilising over 350,000 reservists.
- Active Duty Personnel: 75,300 (Air Force: 17,070; Army: 38,700; Navy: 19,530)
- Reserve Personnel: 350,000
- Budget: $17,305,943,400 (3.7% of GDP)
- Commander in Chief of the SAF: President Tony Tan Keng Yam
- Minister of Defence: Ng Eng Hen
- Chief of Staff of the SAF: General Neo Kian Hong