The Sikorsky S-61R is a twin-engine helicopter used in transport or search and rescue roles. A developed version of the S-61/SH-3 Sea King, the S-61R was also built under license by Agusta as the AS-61R. The S-61R served in the United States Air Force as the CH-3C/E Sea King and the HH-3E Jolly Green Giant, and with the United States Coast Guard as the HH-3F "Pelican".
Variants[edit | edit source]
- S-61R: Military transport helicopter, Sikorsky model number.
- HR3S-1: Proposed transport helicopter for U.S. Marine Corps, cancelled
- S-61R-10: Prototype operated by Sikorsky and first flown June 17th 1963.
- S-61R-12: One aircraft for the Argentine Air Force to HH-3F standards.
- CH-3C: Long-range military transport helicopter for the US Air Force, 75 built.
- CH-3E: Long-range military transport helicopter for the US Air Force. 41 converted from CH-3C, plus 45 newly manufactured.
- HH-3E Jolly Green Giant: Long-range search and rescue helicopter for the US Air Force, 50 converted from CH-3E.
- MH-3E: Special Operations version for the US Air Force.
- VH-3E: US Air Force VIP transport helicopter.
- HH-3F Pelican: Long-range search and rescue helicopter for the US Coast Guard, 40 built.
- AR-61R: Long-range search and rescue helicopter built since 1974 under license in Italy by Agusta, 22 built.
Users[edit | edit source]
- Argentine Air Force
- Aeronautica Militare
- Tunisian Air Force
- United States
- Croman Helicopters
- San Bernadino County Sheriff
- United States Air Force
- United States Coast Guard