Royal New Zealand Air Force
From Canadian Power Wiki
New Zealand Defence Force. It was formed from New Zealand elements of the British Royal Air Force, becoming an independent force in 1923, although many RNZAF aircrew continued to serve in the Royal Air Force until the end of the 1940s. The RNZAF fought in World War II, Malaysia, Vietnam and the Gulf War plus various United Nations peacekeeping missions. From a 1945 peak of over 1,000 combat aircraft the RNZAF has shrunk to a strength of around 108 aircraft in 2012, focusing on maritime patrol and transport duties in support of the Royal New Zealand Navy and the New Zealand Army, although the RNZAF does the F-16C/D Blk.52 Fighting Falcon in its inventory. The Air Force is led by an air chief-marshal who holds the appointment of Chief of Air Force.
The RNZAF motto is the same as that of the Royal Air Force, Per ardua ad astra, meaning "Through adversity to the stars."
- Lockheed Martin F-16C/D Blk.50/52 Fighting Falcon x 28 (Multirole Fighter)
- Lockheed P-3K Orion x 12 (Maritime Patrol Aircraft)
- Airbus A330 MRTT Voyager x 2 (Aerial Tanker)
- Boeing 757-K2 x 2 (Transport Aircraft)
- Boeing C-17 Globemaster III x 2 (Strategic Transport)
- Bombardier Challenger 850 x 4 (VIP Transport)
- Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 Super Hercules x 6 (Tactical Transport)
- AgustaWestland AW109 x 12 (Utility Helicopter)
- Sikorsky MH-60R/S Seahawk x 16 (Maritime Helicopter)
- NHIndustries NH90 TNZA x 20 (Utility Helicopter)