Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station
The Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station is a Canadian nuclear power station located 2 km northeast of Point Lepreau, New Brunswick. The facility was constructed between 1975-1983 by NB Power, the provincially owned public utility.
The facility derives its name from the nearby headland situated at the easternmost part of Charlotte County, although the generating station itself is located within Saint John County. The generating station is administratively part of the local service district of Musquash, west of the city of Saint John.
The Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station comprises one CANDU nuclear reactor located on the northern shore of the Bay of Fundy, having a net capacity of 635 MW (680 MW gross). A second 1100 MW reactor is under construction.