Kenyan Air Force
From Canadian Power Wiki
The Kenya Air Force (KAF) is the national aerial warfare service branch of the Republic of Kenya.
The main airbase operating fighters is Laikipia Air Base in Nanyuki, while Moi Air Base in Eastleigh, Nairobi is the headquarters. Other bases include Forward Operating BAse (FOB) Mombasa (Moi International Airport), FOB Mandera, FOB Wajir & FOB Nyeri (mainly helicopters/small planes). The air force does not own attack helicopters: all of Kenya's fleet of armed helicopters are operated by the Army's 50th Air Cavalry Battalion.
- Northrop F-5E x 18 (Fighter)
Special Mission Aircraft
- Cessna 208 Caravan x 2 (Reconnaissance Aircraft)
- De Havilland Canada DHC-5 Buffalo x 6 (Transport/Utility)
- De Havilland Canada Dash-8 x 4 (VIP Transport)
- Harbin Y-12 x 12 (Transport)
- Aérospatiale SA330 Puma x 12 (Utility/Transport)
- Bell UH-1H Iroquois x 6 (Utility/Transport)
- Harbin Z-9 x 6 (Utility Helicopter)
- McDonnell-Douglas MD500 Defender x 40 (Gunship/ Scout/ Spec-Ops)
- Mil Mi-171 x 2 (Utility/Transport)