From Canadian Power Wiki
The K200 KIFV (Korea Infantry Fighting Vehicle) is a South Korean infantry fighting vehicle, originally produced by Daewoo Heavy Industries as a domestic replacement for older armored personnel carriers, such as the M113, in front line service with the Republic of Korea Armed Forces at the time of the K200's development. Since 2009 the K200 has been supplemented by the K21. A total of 2,383 K200 vehicles of all configurations were produced between 1985 and 2006, among which are 111 K200A1 vehicles exported to Malaysia.
- K200: First production variant.
- K216: NBC reconnaissance vehicle. Equipped with detection system to trace sources of NBC agents.
- K221: Smoke generating vehicle. Produces two types of smoke to protect from visible light for 90 minutes and infrared for 30 minutes.
- K242: Carries 4.2 inch mortar for fire support.
- K255: Proposed ammunition resupply vehicle for 155 mm self-propelled howitzer.
- K263 Cheongoong: KM167A1 20 mm self-propelled anti-aircraft gun variant of K200.
- K277: Command post vehicle. The vehicle contains various supplements for commanders.
- K281: Carries 81 mm mortar for fire support.
- K288: Recovery vehicle. Rescues and repairs damaged military vehicles.
- K200A1: Upgraded variant of the base K200 with more powerful engines and transmission. The upgrade also added NBC protection and automatic fire extinguishing system.
- K242A1: Carries 4.2 inch mortar for fire support.
- K263A1 Cheongoong: KM167A1 20 mm self-propelled anti-aircraft gun variant of K200A1.
- K263A3 Cheongoong: Improved version of K263A1. A3 features such as improved FCS, electronic protection, safety, etc. All A1 has been upgraded to A3.
- K281A1: Carries 81 mm mortar for fire support.
- K288A1: Recovery vehicle. Rescues and repairs damaged military vehicles.
- Republic of Korea
- Republic of Korea Army
- Royal Malaysian Army