Hero-class Patrol Vessel
From Canadian Power Wiki
The Hero-class Offshore Patrol Vessels, previously the Mid-Shore Patrol Vessel Project, are a series of sixteen patrol boats currently on order from the Halifax Shipyards for the Canadian Coast Guard. Delivery is scheduled for 2011 through 2014.
- Type: Offshore Patrol Vessel
- Service Period: 2012-
- Length: 150 feet (45.72 meters)
- Beam: 25 feet (7.62 meters)
- Draught: 12 feet (3.66 meters)
- Crew: 14
- Endurance: 2 weeks
- Range: 2,000 nautical miles (3,704 kilometers)
- Speed: 27 knots (50 km/hr)
- 1 x 40mm Bofors gun
- 2 x MLG-30 27mm autocannons
- CCGS Private Robertson V.C., after Canadian Army soldier Private James Peter Robertson, V.C.
- CCGS Caporal Kaeble V.C., after Canadian Army soldier Corporal Joseph Kaeble, V.C.
- CCGS Corporal Teather C.V., after Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer Corporal Robert Gordon Teather, C.V.
- CCGS Constable Carrière, after Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer Constable J.L. François Carrière
- CCGS G. Peddle, after Canadian Coast Guard Chief Officer Gregory Paul Peddle, S.C.
- CCGS Corporal McLaren M.M.V., after Canadian Army soldier Corporal Mark Robert McLaren, M.M.V.
- CCGS A. LeBlanc, after DFO Fishery Officer Agapit LeBlanc
- CCGS M. Charles, after Canadian Coast Guard Seaman Martin Charles, M.B.
- CCGS Captain Goddard M.S.M., after Canadian Army soldier Captain Nichola Goddard, M.S.M.
- CCGS Company Saergant Major J. R. Osborn, after Canadian Army soldier John Robert Osborn, V.C.
- CCGS Rear Admiral Horatio Nelson Lay O.B.E, after Horatio Nelson Lay, the founder of Canadian naval aviation.
- CCGS Air Marsal Billy Bishop, VC, CB, DSO & Bar, MC, DFC, ED, after WW1 flying ace Billy Bishop.