George Washington-class Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine
From Canadian Power Wiki
The George Washington-class was a class of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines deployed by the United States Navy. The George Washington, along with the later Ethan Allen, Lafayette, James Madison, and Benjamin Franklin-classes comprised the "41 for Freedom" group of submarines that represented the Navy's main contribution to the nuclear deterrent force through the late 1980s.
The George Washington-class was based on the Skipjack-class nuclear attack submarines except with a 130 foot (39.62 meter) long missile compartment.
- USS George Washington (SSBN-598)
- USS Patrick Henry (SSBN-599)
- USS Theodore Roosevelt (SSBN-600)
- USS Robert E. Lee (SSBN-601)
- USS Abraham Lincoln (SSBN-602)