Chengdu J-10 Vigorous Dragon
From Canadian Power Wiki
NATO reporting name Firebird) is a multirole fighter aircraft designed and produced by the People's Republic of China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (CAC) for the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF). Known in the West as the "Vigorous Dragon", the J-10 is a multirole combat aircraft capable of all-weather operation. So far, only the PAF has signed a contract making it the only export contract for the J-10.
- J-10A: Single seat multi-role variant. The export designation is F-10A.
- J-10B: An upgraded J-10, initially identified as "Super-10". It features a lighter and stealthier diverterless supersonic inlet, a longer nose radome possibly housing an active electronically scanned array radar, an electro-optic targeting sensor (IRST, and laser rangefinder,) and a new electronic warning or countermeasures pod atop the vertical stabilizer. The aircraft is powered by the AL-31FN M1; one unit was flown with a WS-10A in July 2011 but that engine was not selected for the initial production batch. The aircraft's first flight occurred no later than December 2008.
- J-10C: Upgraded from the J-10B, the J-10C has a DSI and an improved nose cone to reduce drag. It is equipped with enhanced 4th generation electronics including AESA radar and more composite material. The J-10C is believed to have semi-stealth capability and a new FWS-10B engine, which has passed the PLA test according to Chinese media.
- FC-20: Single seat multi-role fighter jet, the export version of the J-10.
- J-10SY: Dual tandem seat combat capable trainer for the J-10A/B.
- People's Republic of China
- North Korea
- Pakistan Air Force x 36