The Britten-Norman Defender is a multi-role utility transport aircraft, manufactured by Britten-Norman of the United Kingdom. It is the military version of the Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander, developed for roles such as utility transport, casualty evacuation, counter-insurgency and light attack, forward air control, patrol and reconnaissance. The term 'Britten-Norman Defender' relates to all militarized variants of the BN-2 product line including the BN-2 Piston Defender, BN-2T Turbine Defender (sometimes known as the Defender 2000), the BN-2T-4R Defender (also known as AEW Defender and highlighted by its large bulbous nose) and the stretched variant BN-2T-4S, designated Defender 4000 (sometimes known as D4K).
- Defender: Multi-role utility transport aircraft.
- Maritime Defender: Armed maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft.
- Defender 4000: Enhanced Defender for the urban surveillance, counter-terrorism and maritime surveillance roles.
- AEW Defender: Airborne Early Warning variant of the Defender.
- Air Force Home Guard
- Garda Air Support Unit
- Maltese Armed Forces
- National Coast Guard
- Royal Moroccan Gendarmerie
- Philippine Navy
- United Kingdom
- Royal Air Force
- Police Service of Northern Ireland